Wikipedia:Community portal (comunicaçioìn in ingléize)
Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[modìfica wikitèsto]
The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.
Select You the question statements for candidates of Drafting Committee Movement Charter[modìfica wikitèsto]
To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!
Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pages[modìfica wikitèsto]
Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.
You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 14:15, 26 fre 2020 (UTC)
Annual contest Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos[modìfica wikitèsto]
This is to invite you to join the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos (WPWP) campaign to help improve Wikipedia articles with photos and win prizes. The campaign starts today 1st July 2020 and closes 31st August 2020.
The campaign primarily aims at using images from Wikimedia Commons on Wikipedia articles that are lacking images. Participants will choose among Wikipedia pages without photo images, then add a suitable file from among the many thousands of photos in the Wikimedia Commons, especially those uploaded from thematic contests (Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Folklore, etc.) over the years.
Please visit the campaign page to learn more about the WPWP Campaign.
With kind regards,
Deborah Schwartz Jacobs, Communities Liaison, On behalf of the Wikipedia Pages Wanting Photos Organizing Team - 08:24, 1 lùg 2020 (UTC)
feel free to translate this message to your local language when this helps your community
Feedback on movement names[modìfica wikitèsto]
Ciao. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Agiuttine a tradue inta to lengua if necessary. Graççie!
There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.
Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.
Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 19:42, 2 lùg 2020 (UTC)
Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.
Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[modìfica wikitèsto]
Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 20:06, 9 lùg 2020 (UTC) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement
The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC): we want to hear from you.[modìfica wikitèsto]
Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all Wikis[modìfica wikitèsto]
Max Klemm (WMDE) 09:13, 6 agó 2020 (UTC)
Important: maintenance operation on September 1st[modìfica wikitèsto]
New Wikipedia Library Collections Now Available (September 2020)[modìfica wikitèsto]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing new free, full-access, accounts to reliable sources as part of our research access program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Al Manhal – Arabic journals and ebooks
- Ancestry.com – Genealogical and historical records
- RILM – Music encyclopedias
A significant portion of our collection now no longer requires individual applications to access! Read more in our recent blog post.
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 09:49, 3 set 2020 (UTC)
Invitation to participate in the conversation[modìfica wikitèsto]
Dialect policy on Ligurian Wiki[modìfica wikitèsto]
Hello! I am visiting from the Rusyn Wikipedia. Rusyn is also a language with several varieties. Rusyn Wiki followed other Wikipedias in that situation in theory, but the actual policies were never laid out. If you have the time to respond, I’d like to learn more about your approach. I already found some information myself, but I'll mention that too in case you have anything to add. Thank you very much in advance!
- Do you have policies for language use on Wikipedia written down?
- Is there a "default" variety option? Which variety is used in the interface, article/category names, the Wikipedia namespace etc.? Do you have separate templates for different varieties?
- At present, how often do people contribute edits in different varieties?
- Can a page normally feature more than one variety? If not, what is the approach you follow instead? How does one edit an article written in a different dialect?
- Is your approach to local topics any different (e.g. prioritising the local variety)?
- I noticed what seems like templates for orthographies alongside templates for dialects. Are editors required to adhere to a specified set of orthographic conventions? Does this ever become an issue?
- Some Wikipedias in polycentric languages eventually split (e.g. Armenian). Do you think that is a possibility for your Wikipedia?
- Hello and thanks for asking such important questions! It's not easy to answer all of them, especially in a restricted time and space frame, however I will try:
- The policies are written down on our home page: everyone is invited to write the way they like according to their dialect and traditions of their place of origin. There is a recommendation to write by using the "official writing" (spelling), but that is not mandatory and only applies to Genoese, which is the only historical language of our Wiki, all others being dialects derived from the Genoese. The one exception is monegasque, spoken in Monaco, which has been raised from "dialect" to "official language" by the government of the principality.
- We use Genoese for the interface, article/category names, and namespaces. On our main page you can see the templates available for Genoese (four different writings, unfortunately) and the templates for all dialect varieties we have developed over time.
- At present there are editors missing for a couple of dialects. We actively search for them with all available means, including trips to places.
- We do not have pages written in more than one dialect. The problem has not arisen yet due to the limited number of people contributing their edits. There is a regional Wikipedia in Italy that has developed multiple pages, so you can ask them: https://eml.wikipedia.org/wiki/PP (Emiliàn e Rumagnòl)
- For cities, towns, villages, rivers, and mountains we prioritize the local dialect.
- It is strongly recommended that editors follow the orthographic rules of each dialect when they come across pages that have already been initiated. It is the task (a very difficult one, actually!) of us administrators to check if editors comply with the rules.
- We do not want to split as this would only weaken our wiki. United we stand! Recently, we accepted a dialect used in Corsica which is a mixture of Corse and Genoese languages. If people in Corsica did not want that variety, we welcomed it to enrich our Wiki!
If you have more questions, do not hesitate to contact us. Please also tell us where your language is spoken. Although I can read a little bit of Cyrillic characters, I could not make out where you are writing from. All the best, --Luensu1959 (discuscioin) 09:13, 30 set 2020 (CEST)
- Thank you for your answer @Luensu1959, it is much appreciated! Rusyn is spoken across several countries in Central Europe, primarily in Ukraine, Slovakia, Poland, and Serbia. There is no single language standard, it varies by country, and cooperation between these communities is rare - that's why I find the case of Wikipedia particularly interesting. Engelseziekte (discuscioin) 14:13, 30 set 2020 (CEST)
Wiki of functions naming contest[modìfica wikitèsto]
23:22, 29 set 2020 (CEST)
Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric[modìfica wikitèsto]
Ciao. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Agiuttine a tradue inta to lengua.
Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.
Important: maintenance operation on October 27[modìfica wikitèsto]
Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2[modìfica wikitèsto]
23:10, 5 nov 2020 (CET)
Community Wishlist Survey 2021: Invitation (Sondaggio 2021 dei desideri della comunità)[modìfica wikitèsto]
Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[modìfica wikitèsto]
2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[modìfica wikitèsto]
Community Wishlist Survey 2021 - Sondaggio 2021 sui desideri della comunità[modìfica wikitèsto]
16:21, 11 dex 2020 (CET)
Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[modìfica wikitèsto]
Ciao. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Agiuttine a tradue inta to lengua. Graççie!
Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.
ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 16:15, 27 zen 2021 (CET)
- Okay, good to know! Maybe this time there will be more participants due to the possibility of following Wikimania online! All the best! --Luensu1959 (discuscioin) 18:01, 27 zen 2021 (CET)
Project Grant Open Call[modìfica wikitèsto]
This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.
For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:
- Weekly proposals clinics via Zoom during the Open Call. Join us for #Upcoming_Proposal_Clinics|real-time discussions with Program Officers and select thematic experts and get live feedback about your Project Grants proposal. We’ll answer questions and help you make your proposal better. We also offer these support pages to help you build your proposal:
- Video tutorials for writing a strong application
- General planning page for Project Grants
- Program guidelines and criteria
Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.
We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!
Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrants[@ ]wikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (discuscioin) 09:01, 28 zen 2021 (CET)
New Wikipedia Library Collections Available Now (February 2021)[modìfica wikitèsto]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing new free, full-access, accounts to reliable sources as part of our research access program. You can sign up to access research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Taxmann – Taxation and law database
- PNAS – Official journal of the National Academy of Sciences
- EBSCO – New Arabic and Spanish language databases added
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects!
- This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.
--13:57, 1 fre 2021 (CET)
Feminism & Folklore 1 February - 31 March[modìfica wikitèsto]
Agiuttine a tradue inta to lengua
You are invited to participate in Feminism and Folklore writing contest. This year Feminism and Folklore will focus on feminism, women's biographies and gender-focused topics for the project in league with Wiki Loves Folklore gender gap focus with folk culture theme on Wikipedia. folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, fairy tales, folk plays, folk arts, folk religion, mythology, etc.
You can help us in enriching the folklore documentation on Wikipedia from your region by creating or improving articles centered on folklore around the world, including, but not limited to folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, women and queer personalities in folklore, folk culture (folk artists, folk dancers, folk singers, folk musicians, folk game athletes, women in mythology, women warriors in folklore, witches and witch-hunting, fairy tales and more. You can contribute to new articles or translate from the list of suggested articles here.
You can also support us in translating the project page and help us spread the word in your native language.
Learn more about the contest and prizes from our project page. Thank you.
Feminism and Folklore team,
Wikifunctions logo contest[modìfica wikitèsto]
02:47, 2 màr 2021 (CET)
Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultations[modìfica wikitèsto]
Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2[modìfica wikitèsto]
Agiuttine a tradue inta to lengua
The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.
Drafting Committee: Call for applications[modìfica wikitèsto]
The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.
To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.
2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translators[modìfica wikitèsto]
From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.
To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.
Line numbering coming soon to all wikis[modìfica wikitèsto]
-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 17:09, 12 arv 2021 (CEST)
Suggested Values[modìfica wikitèsto]
Timur Vorkul (WMDE) 16:08, 22 arv 2021 (CEST)
Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[modìfica wikitèsto]
Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter
Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.
Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.
You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.
Server switch[modìfica wikitèsto]
SGrabarczuk (WMF) 03:19, 27 zùg 2021 (CEST)
New Wikipedia Library collections and design update (August 2021)[modìfica wikitèsto]
The Wikipedia Library is pleased to announce the addition of new collections, alongside a new interface design. New collections include:
- Cabells – Scholarly and predatory journal database
- Taaghche - Persian language e-books
- Merkur, Musik & Ästhetik, and Psychologie, Psychotherapie, Psychoanalyse - German language magazines and journals published by Klett-Cotta
- Art Archiv, Capital, Geo, Geo Epoche, and Stern - German language newspapers and magazines published by Gruner + Jahr
Additionally, De Gruyter and Nomos have been centralised from their previous on-wiki signup location on the German Wikipedia. Many other collections are freely available by simply logging in to The Wikipedia Library with your Wikimedia login!
We are also excited to announce that the first version of a new design for My Library was deployed this week. We will be iterating on this design with more features over the coming weeks. Read more on the project page on Meta.
--The Wikipedia Library Team 15:23, 11 agó 2021 (CEST)
Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[modìfica wikitèsto]
Il comitato di redazione della fase 2 del codice universale di condotta è in attesa di commenti e opinioni sulla bozza delle linee guida sull'applicazione del codice universale di condotta (UCoC). La durata del periodo di revisione è dal 17 agosto 2021 al 17 ottobre 2021.
Queste linee guida non sono definitive, puoi contribuire al loro miglioramento. Il comitato revisionerà il testo alla luce dei commenti fatti dalle comunità.
Sul testo della bozza sono previste anche delle discussioni online:
- Sessione di Wikimania 2021 - 16 agosto @ 11:00 UTC - 11:45 UTC
- Incontri online - 24 agosto, 31 agosto, 7 settembre @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
- Tavole rotonde online - 18 settembre @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC
I riepiloghi delle discussioni verranno postati qui ogni due settimane.
Sono a disposizione per qualsiasi domanda.
Xeno (WMF) 01:19, 18 agó 2021 (CEST)
Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[modìfica wikitèsto]
Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.
6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.
Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.
12:03, 2 set 2021 (CEST)
The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[modìfica wikitèsto]
Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[modìfica wikitèsto]
La Strategia del Movimento annuncia l'apertura delle candidature per il comitato di redazione della Carta fondamentale del movimento. Le candidature si aprono il 2 di agosto del 2021 e si chiudono 14 di settembre del 2021.
Ci si aspetta che il comitato rappresenti la diversità del movimento. La diversità comprende genere, lingua, provenienza geografica ed esperienza. Questo include la partecipazione nei progetti, affiliati e nella Wikimedia Foundation.
Per farne parte non è richiesta la conoscenza fluente dell'inglese. Se necessario, viene fornito sostegno per la traduzione. I membri riceveranno un'indennità per compensare i costi di partecipazione. Si tratta di 100 dollari ogni due mesi.
Stiamo cercando persone che abbiano alcune fra le seguenti competenze:
- Sappiano scrivere in modo collaborativo. (dimostrare dell'esperienza è un vantaggio)
- Siano pronte a trovare dei compromessi.
- Siano attente all'inclusione e alla diversità.
- Abbiano conoscenza delle consultazioni comunitarie.
- Abbiano esperienza di comunicazione interculturale.
- Abbiano esperienza di governance o di organizzazione in non-profit o comunità.
- Abbiano esperienza nella negoziazione con parti diverse.
Ci si attende che il comitato cominci con 15 persone. Se ci sono 20 o più candidati avrà luogo un processo di selezione con voto. Se vi sono 19 o meno candidati la selezione avverrà senza voto.
Vuoi aiutare Wikimedia a progredire in questo ruolo? Invia la tua candidatura dalla prossima settimana qui. Per favore contatta strategy2030[@ ]wikimedia.org in caso di domande.
Xeno (WMF) 19:01, 10 set 2021 (CEST)
Server switch[modìfica wikitèsto]
Talk to the Community Tech[modìfica wikitèsto]
As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.
- How we prioritize the wishes to be granted
- Why we decided to change the date from November 2021 to January 2022
- Update on the disambiguation and the real-time preview wishes
- Questions and answers
The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.
We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join online
- Meeting ID: 898 2861 5390
- One tap mobile
- +16465588656,,89828615390# US (New York)
- +16699006833,,89828615390# US (San Jose)
- Dial by your location
Discutiamo dei miglioramenti all'interfaccia desktop[modìfica wikitèsto]
Hai notato che alcuni wiki hanno un'interfaccia desktop diversa? Non sei curioso di sapere che piani abbiamo al riguardo? Magari hai domande o idee sul design o su questioni tecniche?
- Aggiornamenti sugli ultimi sviluppi
- Header fisso - presentazione della versione demo
- Domande e risposte, discussione
La riunione non sarà registrata né trasmessa in streaming. Le note saranno prese in un file di Google Docs. La parte introduttiva (primi due punti del programma) si terrà in inglese.
Saremo in grado di rispondere a domande in inglese, francese, polacco e spagnolo. Se vuoi fare domande in anticipo, scrivile nella pagina di discussione o inviale a email@example.com.
L'host della riunione sarà Olga Vasileva (manager del team).
Link di invito
- Hi, would you please resend the original message in English? This is our channel for communication in English. We are a regional Wiki and Genoese (Ligurian) is our language, not necessarily Italian, also we all understand English. Thx in advance, Luensu1959 Luensu1959 (discuscioin) 09:24, 6 òtô 2021 (CEST)
Let's talk about the Desktop Improvements[modìfica wikitèsto]
Have you noticed that some wikis have a different desktop interface? Are you curious about the next steps? Maybe you have questions or ideas regarding the design or technical matters?
- Update on the recent developments
- Sticky header - presentation of the demo version
- Questions and answers, discussion
The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes will be taken in a Google Docs file. The presentation part (first two points in the agenda) will be given in English.
We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the talk page or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Olga Vasileva (the team manager) will be hosting this meeting.
Le elezioni per i membri del comitati di redazione della carta fondamentale del movimnto Wikimedia sono aperte[modìfica wikitèsto]
Le elezioni per i membri del comitati di redazione della carta fondamentale del movimnto Wikimedia sono aperte. Alle elezioni si sono candidati 70 Wikimediani provenienti da tutto il mondo per 7 posti nel comitato.
Le votazioni sono aperte dal 12 di ottobre al 24 di ottobre di 2021 (AoE).
Il comitato sarà costituito da 15 persone: le comunità dei progetti ne voteranno 7, 6 saranno selezionati dagli affiliati Wikimedia tramite un processo di selezione parallelo al voto, e 2 membri saranno nominati da Wikimedia Foundation. Il piano è di completare il comitato al 1° di novembre 2021.
Informati sui candidati nella lingua che preferisci: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>
Qui trovi informazioni sul comitato di redazione: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>
Stiamo provando una voting advice application, uno strumento di aiuto per votare. Prova a navigare all'interno del tool per individuare quale candidato è più vicino alle tue opinioni. Provalo qui: <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>
Qui si trova l'annuncio completo: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>
Vai a votare tramite Secure Poll qui: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>
Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation
Xeno (WMF) 20:25, 14 òtô 2021 (CEST)